Work With Us
DotWatcher is the home of ultra-distance, self-supported bike racing. Grown from a desire to share the ultra-cycling world, DotWatcher covers stories and insights from bikepacking races around the globe. Working with experts, we provide high-quality race commentary, visuals and advice to the burgeoning bikepacking race community. DotWatcher is run by a team of keen ultra-cyclists and adventure racers, riding and exploring throughout the seasons.
Welcome to the world of DotWatcher, if we have any opportunities to work with us we'll post them here.
DotWatcher is looking for a motivated Web Editor to join its remote team, with the opportunity to work in person with the team from time to time. This position reports directly to the Managing Editor and will be integral in the growth of DotWatcher.cc. The role requires a self-starting candidate, who enjoys working in a range of areas and has a passion for working in the outdoor space. We’re looking for someone with the ability to multitask, to be flexible in approach and have the capacity to take on a range of varied tasks.
- Working with our expert freelance team to manage and coordinate race commentary
- Running the DotWatcher social media whilst maintaining a strong brand voice and message
- Overseeing communication between DotWatcher and the ultra-racing community through our mailing lists and other aspects of our website content
- Creating visual content for the DotWatcher website and Social Media pages
- Monitoring key metrics at DotWatcher both on the website and our social media outlets
- Developing new and maintaining current relationships with our new race organisers and managing an open and timely communication route
- Managing and populating the Results Database and the DotWatcher Commentary Calendar
- Maintaining current and creating new internal communication documents
- Creating timely, informative and accurate ultra-cycling and bikepacking content for the website with guidance from our Editorial team
- Working with the wider DotWatcher team to create a better ultra-cycling world for everyone whilst taking an active role in the growth of the site
- 1-2 years in the outdoor world or similar
- Experience using Google Suites, Mailchimp, Instagram, Google Analytics, Graphic Design Software
- Experience building and managing relationships
- Experience in online content management, including writing articles and editing contributed work
- An awareness of using a CMS to populate website content
- Strong written communication
- An understanding of or willingness to learn about SEO and its place in online content
- Good people skills, including the ability to make new connections and interact professionally with contacts
- An understanding of the ultra-cycling world including different race formats and events
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks throughout the week
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wider team both online and face-to-face
- An interest in working as a key part of a small and growing business with the ability to adapt to the needs of the blooming ultra-cycling community
- Connections to the bikepacking scene would be advantageous
- A keen interest in bikepacking is ideal
- An interest in and understanding of endurance sports and athletes is a plus
What We Offer:
- Generous industry discounts through our sponsor brands, races and friends of DotWatcher
- Flexible Wednesday mornings for bike riding or other sports and wellness activities
- Remote working
- Financial support for your bikepacking adventures
- Access to a Gear Library of bikepacking focussed adventure gear
DotWatcher is committed to operating in a fair and socially responsible manner, this includes our stance on ensuring diversity, equity and inclusion, both in cycling and in the workplace.
Based in: Remote with some contact days
Job type: Full time 40 hours
Remuneration: Depending on experience
Contact: Kitty – email@example.com
Please send an up-to-date CV and short cover letter (500 words max.) and some links to, or attachments of, your work if possible.