We're looking for a new race coordinator!
13 May, 2022
Freelance Race Coordinator at DotWatcher
DotWatcher is a fast-growing home of ultra-distance cycling coverage, brought to you by our community of experts. We are a team of passionate cyclists looking for another recruit to share our passion for all things ultra-distance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic cyclist to join DotWatcher as we expand our race calendar and cover more global events in the ultra-cycling world. Working under the direction of the editorial team at DotWatcher this individual will coordinate with race organisers, commentators and athletes to continue the ultra-cycling encyclopedia of DotWatcher.
The core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Working closely with the current team to expand the current commentary calendar.
- Interacting with race organisers and commentators to create high-quality race commentary for our newly recruited races.
- Creating race pages for our website for the expanded commentary calendar
- Uploading results to our results database as races finish.
- Proactively reaching out to race organisers to expand the results archive.
- Managing the Apidura and DotWatcher events map and calendar, ensuring all relevant events are included in the calendars.
- Assisting the editorial team with social media race coverage in the busy season.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- An understanding of social media.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to liaise successfully with organisers and commentators.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to proactively manage projects and timelines.
- Flexibility in working hours to assist the DotWatcher team when necessary.
- An understanding of or, a keen interest in learning more, about the world of ultra-distance racing.
- The ability to work remotely.
To apply please email Kitty at firstname.lastname@example.org